view cancellation policy
Culture shock rating:
Annapolis UnveiledGeneral Info | Photo Gallery | Traveller Feedback
See America's sailing capital aboard a comfy eCruiser on this intimate Annapolis tour. Be immersed in maritime history, hear naval tales, see incredible views from a secret spot, and stroke the ego of boat owners along Ego Alley by admiring their flash, multimillion dollar floating pride and joys.
- Don’t just see Annapolis, experience it!
- Ride around in an electric eCruiser and take in sites, panoramic water views, and the Colonial architecture of Annapolis
- See parts of Annapolis that few tourists ever see, such as the high-end harbour and tucked away neighbourhoods
- Learn about prominent Annapolitans from the past - there are quite a few!
Tour style:Private Transport/Walking & Orientation, Local Life & Culture, History and Heritage
Local English-speaking guide, private transportation on an all-electric, 6-passenger eCruiser.
Items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities for your local guide.
Group size:Maximum 10
- Duration: 2 hours
- Meeting point:
Annapolis Visitor’s Bureau, 26 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Starting time: 10.00 AM
- Ending point:
Annapolis City Dock and Harbor
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking:
If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point.
Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Dress standard:
Please wear comfortable, seasonal clothing.
- Child policy:
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children younger than 6 are permitted at no extra cost, but please make sure you inform our guides of this before you take the tour.
- Language: English
Don't feel like trudging around Annapolis on foot? No problem! Discover this beautiful city on an eCruiser with a local guide on this historical Annapolis tour that shows you the people and places that create this city's unique culture.
This Annapolis city tour begins by visiting St. Anne’s Church and learning of its connection to William and Mary. Next, we'll ride through Acton’s Landing and take in the views of Carroll House. These spots are rarely seen by visitors, but any local knows how important they were to Annapolis history - one of the many benefits of touring a city with a local!
As we continue to tour Annapolis, our next destination will be Eastport, an annex of Annapolis, which has a history of its own to rival Annapolis (shhh! That's a local secret!). Here you'll see Fort Horn, the Maritime Museum, waterfront restaurants, and swish yacht yards. We'll take in a panoramic view of the Chesapeake Bay from an elevated spot, the very best place to drink in the views of this beautiful neighbourhood.
From there, we’ll head back across the bridge to Annapolis to discover the City Dock and Harbor area, with Ego Alley - a prime location for boat owners to show off their craft, with its own array of restaurants and shops. This is a pretty flashy area, to say the lease!
We’ll then cruise around State Circle, taking in the oldest, continually running state house in the United States. Ride past historic homes of signers of the Declaration of Independence, and learn about the significance of the United States Naval Academy, as well as the lesser known St. John’s College. And who said Washington DC was where it was at for essential US history?
Each of our eCruisers hold up to five passengers (or 6 really close friends!), so your tours are intimate and can be customised to see and do what you want, when you want. Don’t settle for less, when you can have so much more fun with Annapolis Urban Adventures aboard an eCruiser!
Want to check out what other travellers think of their Urban Adventure experience? See below for our traveller feedback.
- Your overall experience ...................................................................................... 5.00
- Your guide’s enthusiasm, local knowledge and communication skills........................................................................................................................ 5.00
The level of opportunity to learn more about the culture, interact
with locals, and experience their way of life......................................................5.00
The Responsible Travel philosophy implemented on your
Urban Adventure................................................................................................... 5.00
- Did the trip match your expectations?.............................................................. 5.00
Mr. Todd A.
USA ~ 16 Jan 2013[back to top]
Don't miss a tour of Annapolis with George! He has deep knowledge and love of the area as shown by his answers to questions, which he encouraged. His answers always included fascinating anecdotes and the larger perspective. It was well-paced too.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
George & Judy, owners of Annapolis Urban Adventures, have a love for Annapolis that they want to share with you. Judy grew up here and George has been in the area for 30 years. “Although Annapolis, size-wise, is a small community, it is loaded with history, water, food, entertainment and personality, which makes it ideal as a tourist destination.”
Let us share Annapolis with you. Our Annapolis Urban Adventures guides love the area as much as we do, and are looking forward to showing you the many unique features that make Annapolis truly special.
Feels like: 6°C
Light rain. Mostly cloudy. Quite cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.