Annapolis Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Welcome to Annapolis Urban Adventures!
When you think: history, culture, museums, waterfront, dining, entertainment and shopping, you probably automatically start thinking: big cities, crowds, long lines, transportation issues, and the like.
Where can you get it all while getting away from it all?
Annapolis, Maryland! And it's all within a short distance!
Our tours on all-electric eCruisers will take you through our rich history, fascinating culture, and beautiful waterfront setting. By joining Annapolis Urban Adventures on an affordable, intimate tour of the city, not only will you experience enriching tales of times past and present, you will get to understand what we mean by true Annapolis hospitality. We'll take you places no other tour does!
Come ride with us. Check out Trip Advisor to see what others have to say!
Annapolis Urban Adventures offers a look into an area with small town charm combined with big city amenities. Annapolis is a waterfront town on the Chesapeake Bay, known as "America's Sailing Capital." It is also home to the United States Naval Academy and, as the capital of Maryland, is the center of our state's government (with the State House, the Governor's Mansion and courthouses). This all combines to offer the finest in dining, shopping, entertainment and, of course, history. Whatever your interests, there are plenty of enjoyable things to do in Annapolis.
Whatever your interest during your Annapolis visit, Annapolis Urban Adventures will help you find it! Our tours in Annapolis are "green," as we use our all-electric eCruisers to get around. Not only is it environmentally friendly, but it allows us to stop to meet locals and go where other vehicles can't go/
from 1 review
From USD 47.00
See America's sailing capital aboard a comfy eCruiser on this intimate Annapolis tour. Be immersed in maritime history, hear naval tales, see incredible views from a secret spot, and stroke the ego of boat owners along Ego Alley by admiring their flash, multimillion dollar floating pride and joys.more...
Explore the Heart of Annapolis From USD 26.00
Hop into an electric eCruiser to explore this quaint town in a sustainable way - a greener way to travel Annapolis. See colonial homes, nautical landmarks, and an unforgetable area full of super yachts known as 'Ego Alley' (haven't we all walked down Ego Alley at one point or another?).more...
How the Naval Academy Came to Annapolis
more... more stories...
16 Jan 2013 Don't miss a tour of Annapolis with George! He has deep knowledge and love of the area as shown by his answers to questions, which he encouraged. His answers always included fascinating anecdotes and the larger perspective. It was well-paced too.
George & Judy, owners of Annapolis Urban Adventures, have a love for Annapolis that they want to share with you. Judy grew up here and George has been in the area for 30 years. “Although Annapolis, size-wise, is a small community, it is loaded with history, water, food, entertainment and personality, which makes it ideal as a tourist destination.”
Let us share Annapolis with you. Our Annapolis Urban Adventures guides love the area as much as we do, and are looking forward to showing you the many unique features that make Annapolis truly special.
Feels like: 6°C
Light rain. Mostly cloudy. Cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.